Partner | Attorney at Law
Specialist Lawyer for Industrial Property Protection
Certified Data Protection Officer (TÜV SÜD)
Martin Müller advises companies in the field of industrial property protection, focusing on issues related to trademark and other distinctive signs, as well as competition law. He consistently represents clients in registration, opposition, and invalidity proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office, the European Union Intellectual Property Office, and European courts, as well as in infringement proceedings before ordinary courts. He has a particular interest in trademark protection for the names and designations of cultural goods. Other areas of expertise include IT contract law and data protection.
In addition to his legal practice, Martin Müller serves as the managing board member of a nonprofit association.
Trademark Law / Title Protection Law
Art & Design Law
Press Law / Personal Rights Law
Software / IT-Law
Data Protection Law
- 1996-2002 Law studies in Bonn, Manchester (ERASMUS scholarship), and Munich, 1st State Examination
- 2000 – 2001 Linklaters Munich, Student Assistant in Trademark Law
- 2002 – 2005 Legal clerkship in Munich, 2nd State Examination
- 2006 – 2014 Bettinger Schneider Schramm Patent and Attorneys at Law, Munich
- 2015 – 2021 Bettinger Scheffelt Müller Attorneys at Law, Munich, Founding Partner
- since 2022 Straßer Ventroni Freytag Attorneys at Law, Munich
Martin Müller is a member of the German Association for Industrial Property Protection (GRUR) and the German Bar Association (DAV).
Trademark Clearinghouse und Markenschutz, in: Bettinger, Handbuch des Domainrechts, 2. Aufl. 2017. Köln: Carl Heymanns.