Partner | Attorney at Law
Bassam Saleh advises companies from the media, entertainment, and technology industries on all issues of media, IT and copyright law as well as competition law and has particular expertise in e-commerce and data protection law. One focus of his work is the legal support of innovative digital business models, among others in the future-oriented area of digital healthcare, as well as the drafting and negotiation of complex contracts, including general terms and conditions.
He also has special expertise in the legal support of audiovisual productions, events and advertising campaigns, from the concept to the drafting of contracts to the implementation/realization. In the area of merchandising licenses and the drafting of contracts for the marketing of advertising space/advertising time, he was able to deepen his expertise during a secondment at ProSiebenSat.1 and gain practical experience in these areas.
Within the scope of his advice, he always has the corporate strategic andeconomic interests of his clients in mind. In addition, he advises his clients on all legal issues relating to advertising, marketing and social media. He regularly holds customized trainings for clients in the areas of copyright law, press law, social media law and data protection law, among others.
Legal 500 / 2023 acknowledged Bassam Saleh as one of the core lawyers of Straßer Ventroni Freytag Rechtsanwälte with a quote from one of his clients: ‘Mr. Saleh is a real service provider: always client-oriented, gets to the point quickly and is, above all, incredibly likeable. It is always a pleasure to work with him. We particularly appreciate his pragmatic approach.‘
Copyright Law / Copyright Collectives
Publisher & Press
Data Protection Law
IT / Software Law
Online / E-Commerce
Advertising and Social Media
- 2003 – 2008 Law studies at Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich / 1st State Examination
- 2009 – 2011 Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Munich / 2nd State Examination
- 2004 – 2009 Student employee at Noerr LLP, Munich
- 2006 – 2010 Involvement with the Collecting Society for Film and Television Producers (VFF)
- 2009 – 2010 Chairman of the Representation of Legal Clerks in Bavaria e.V. 2010 Internship at Field Fisher Waterhouse, London
- 2010 – 2011 Legal clerk and attorney at Taylor Wessing, Munich Since
- Since 2011 lawyer at Straßer Ventroni Freytag Attorneys at Law